Guidelines for Notches and Cutouts
To provide you with notches and cutouts, the corners must have fillets. A fillet is a rounded corner of which the straight edge emerges. The radius of the fillet must be equal to or greater than the thickness of the glass, but not less than 1/2".
All fabricated glass products with holes, notches and cutouts must incorporate tempered or heat-strengthened. Due to stresses created in the glass with these cutouts, annealed glass products are not appropriate. In addition, the guidelines below also apply for notch and cutout requirements:
- The depth or width of the notch or cutout can not have a dimension larger than 1/3 of the narrowest dimension of the lite.
- The leg length must be more than the depth of the notch.
- The leg length must be at least 3".
- The depth of the notch must be less than the width.
- The inside corner(s) must have a radius equal to, or greater than the thickness of the glass, but not less then 1/2".
Water-jet Cutting Machine